Monday, August 1, 2011

Reflective glass, friend or foe??

My office is full of glass.  Glass doorways, glass windows (duh), glass office walls, glass glass glass.
And a lot of the glass is reflective.  In essence, my office is a house of mirrors.
ACK!

What's odd is that in SOME of the glass I think I look pretty good, but in others...YIKES!!
I don't think the interior glass is different from one wall to the next, but boy howdy can my IMAGE be different!

Also, I try to walk outside when the weather isn't broiling hot (and yes, I did mean BROILING), and most of the buildings have reflective glass.  I find myself staring in the windows as I walk down the street.  Checking out my posture, my muffin top, my thighs, my outfit, my hair, everything.

And I don't think this is a bad thing. 

I worry when I'm AVOIDING looking at myself.  I need to see what I look like...what I REALLY look like.  For me, knowing is so much healthier than avoiding.  Granted, this may not have been the case when I was 320lbs, but I have come a LONG way, and it needs to be celebrated!

Plus, the minute I stop looking is when my dress will be tucked up into my pantyhose...

8/1/11  224lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment