Saturday, August 6, 2011

Working out is hard to do

I have a membership at the YMCA.  There are many in the city I live.  There is one a block from where I work, and one a mile from my house.  The Y has a lot of options: classes, cardio machines, weights, swimming pool, courts, etc.  I love having options.

But there are some days that the idea of going is just too exhausting. 
I can create so many excuses:  I didn't sleep well, I don't feel well, I am hungry, I am too full, I don't want to be around people, I want to be at home, there's a really good show on tv...blah blah blah...

But I usually go anyway...MOST of the time.

Today I got up, ate breakfast, and put on my workout clothes so as to limit my excuses. 
And it worked!

I'm happy to report I went to the gym, and I wasn't even kicking and screaming.
I did 30 minutes on the treadmill, used the abductor and adductor machines, then used free weights to work my arms.

I always feel so much better when I just go and don't have to try and convince myself first. 
Now if only I could convince myself to get up and vacuum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment