Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Food Trifecta

I'm having "one of those days"...a food trifecta. 

I started my day at a seminar.  I assumed they'd have some pastries, so I ate a full breakfast before attending.  However, they had a full breakfast WITH pastries.
I added about 1/4 cup scrambled eggs, 2 sausage links, and 2 pieces of pineapple to my breakfast, but strategically avoided the pastries and hash browns.

For lunch, my office was having a celebration so we ordered pizza, wings, and salads.  I knew this was happening and had planned to have six wings and some salad.  All good so far...
But at 2, desserts were being delivered as part of the celebration.
An Oreo cake, a Carrot Cake, and a Strawberry Rhubarb pie (which is my fav).

My plan was to avoid the kitchen until everyone else had theirs, and if any pie was left, I would have a piece.

HOWEVER....when the pie arrived...it was still warm. 
Y.U.M.

So I had a piece BEFORE everyone else had theirs.  SLIGHTLY off in my timing, but not off plan.

Now tonight we're having a block party to celebrate National Night Out.  A Potluck.  (did you notice I capitalized Potluck?  That's how important they are to me!!  LOL)

I am bringing chicken wings and fruit so that I know I have something I can eat.

I've had my sweet for the day...I'm good...I don't need anymore. 
I mean that, sweets are not my thing.

However...if there are carby items...those ARE my thing. 
Breads, potatoes, noodle salads, etc.

So...tonight my plan is to avoid temptation.  I eat what I have planned (wings and fruit with any green-veggie salads).  I chat, I visit, I play games, I mingle, I check out the firetrucks and police cars that are coming, I do many other things INSTEAD OF EATING.

I can do this...I know I can.  Screw the trifecta.

No comments:

Post a Comment