Thursday, August 4, 2011

Must we whether the weather

I am an outdoor person.

Gardening, hiking, camping, fishing, mowing, painting, washing the car, de-furring the cat, or reading.  I don't care as long as I'm outside.

However...I'm a weather-baby.

I do NOT like hot humid weather.  I don't want to breathe it, I don't want to sit in it, I don't want to even go outside when it's hot and humid.
In my perfect world, the weather is anywhere from 25-75 degrees, no humidity, and sunny with a slight breeze.

That has not been the weather pattern this summer, and although I have no power over it, I'm mad.

Did you know it's August???  That means June and July are OVER!  I've MISSED them.  They're GONE. 
Half my garden is done already and nothing new is really starting to grow!  I cannot believe it.
And I can count on one hand how many times I've been able to comfortably sit on my back patio which is my most favorite place to be.

However...I am powerless over the weather.  I am powerless over the passage of time. 

But...I am not powerless over my anger about it.

What a waste of time to be angry over that which we have no power.  Being angry in those situations does nothing but weigh me down, take up my space in my brain, and as I just said, waste my time.

Well I'm not going to feed my anger any more.  I will NOT be angry over the weather, of which I have no power.  I will NOT be angry that I missed much of the summer because I was inside in the air conditioning.  I will NOT waste my time on that which I am powerless. 

Now, I must disclose - it is possible that I am aware and able to make these statements with certitude because, as I type this, I am sitting outside in the shade and it's a beautiful calm 75 degree evening, but let's ignore that fact and pretend like I had a breakthrough, shall we???


8-4-11   221

No comments:

Post a Comment