Friday, January 13, 2012

Moving smoothly

I go to the gym about 5 days a week, but I don't workout.
I have been having knee/hip/back pain for the last two years and FINALLY I found a therapist who is sticking with me to guide me toward pain-free.
I have a crooked pelvis.  Or should I say, something caused me to tilt my pelvis and I liked it so I kept doing it, and now to hold my pelvis straight is very hard.  The muscles used to hold my pelvis straight, are very very weak.
So I've gotten multiple cortisone shots for knees and hips, and my last incident, which was sciatic, put me in bed for three days unable to get myself up and down.  OUCH.
But I've been going to physical therapy now since August, and I can really tell the difference.

But, when I tried to do some cardio, it hurt.  I asked my therapist about it and she said I wasn't ready yet, give it more time.
So...I go to the gym most day, and I do my physical therapy. 
Its good to be in a routine of going to the gym, and I look forward to when I can do a workout (be it resistance or cardio).

OH, and good news, the scale did drop, I lost my vacation-weight, YAY!

Weight: 226.5
Pro: 138
Ecc: 31
Fat: 134
Cal: 1994

No comments:

Post a Comment