Saturday, September 3, 2011

Rainy days and...Saturdays?

It's the Saturday of a three day weekend and it's going to rain on and off all day. 

How wonderful!!

I'm going to the State Fair on Sunday but don't have anything planned today or Monday?!

The old me would have seen this type of weekend as a pure uninterrupted FOOD FEST!  I would have eaten myself silly so that come Tuesday morning, you would have had to roll me to work where I would have accomplished nothing because I was in a food coma.
(I'm not the only one who has experienced food coma's right??)

But that's not me anymore.  That's not how I choose to spend my three day weekends. 

When I realized it was raining today, my brain went directly to three books I'm trying to finish, not to what I was going to eat.  In fact, I've decided to have a shake for at least one meal so I wouldn't have to stop reading to cook! 

And at the Fair tomorrow, the food I'm looking forward to is "salad on a stick".  Sure, I will eat something deep fried as well (probably cheese curds which I'll share with everyone), but that's not what I'm focused on!  Pure progress. 

I hope you have a wonderful three day weekend and because of this weekend's "extra day" get to do something you normally don't have time to do, and I really hope that's not eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment