Friday, September 23, 2011

Celebrating with food

I grew up (as I suspect many other have as well) that celebrations were rife with food.
And I don't think that's a bad thing.

But....I tend to make a celebration out of MANY things so that it can be centered around food.
For example....tonight we're having a few friends over for a backyard bonfire, and I'm serving popcorn and HUGE marshmallows.  Have you seen those?  They're a HOOT!
    http://www.campfiremarshmallows.com/products/giant-roasters/

So, this doesn't seem like a big deal, right?  Some snacks with the campfire??

But the snacks I chose are two items I try not to eat.  Carbs and sugar.

So what about a "celebration" makes it okay to eat outside our box??
How many of us have "ruined" our eating plans because it was somebodies birthday, or wedding, or anniversary, or or or?

And then once we're off and running...we realize we are not actually running, we're sliding controllable down a very slippery slope to food-coma once again.

What is it about a food addicts mind that we suddenly have "permission" to break out of our regular eating?

Thoughts??

No comments:

Post a Comment