Friday, July 29, 2011

DON'T PANIC!!! Scales just bounce.

So today is the first of many days when the scale has gone UP a pound.

I cannot panic.  I will not panic.  I will not do something drastic. 

IT IS ONLY A NUMBER.

This freak out is my inner addict crying out and wanting attention.  I mentally KNOW it's only a number on the scale, but here I am, REACTING to it like I've been slapped.
breathe in....breathe out...

I know I ate according to my plan yesterday...scales just bounce. 

On a more positive note...I'm going out with friends tonight.  Going out with friends is one of my favorite things to do.  Meals are usually part of going out, although many of my closest circle are also paying attention to their food, so we've been trying to do more things that do NOT revolve around a meal.  Not tonight, we're going out to dinner *blush*, but usually!

Things to do instead of eating:
  • Try on the clothes in my closet (reminder of WHY I shouldn't be eating more than my scheduled meals)
  • Go for a walk around the lake
  • Pet the cats
  • Make a meal plan for future weeks
  • Write on my blog
I hope you can find things to do today instead of eating...

Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment