Monday, March 5, 2012

Boy how time flies!

I cannot believe I missed an entire month of posting?
Well, let me rephrase that.  I CAN believe it, but I'm not happy about it.

I have recovered from my friends passing...boy was that difficult.  I was really depressed and eating out of control!
BUT, once I recovered and the sadness lifted, my eating mostly righted itself...mostly.
Oh, that and I got a food sponsor.

What is a food sponsor you ask?
In my Overeaters Anonymous, my 12 step eating program, we sometimes have food sponsors.
I have a spreadsheet where I document what I ate, approximately when, how I felt about it, then I document any exercise, any program work, and and worries/thoughts I have at the end of the day.  And before I send todays food, I plan tomorrows.
It's fantastic!

And, since I started I have lost 5 lbs and KEPT it off!  THAT is HUGE for me!!

I find that because I had to admit everything I eat, I am more conscious of my fruits and vegetables, and how often I go out to eat, and what choices I'm making when I DO go out to eat.  Those are HUGE differences to my more lax eating habits!!

It's only been a month, and I told her I'd do it "for today" so we'll see how it progresses, but "for today", I'm am grateful for my food sponsor.

No comments:

Post a Comment