Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Drop it like it's hawt!

My stall is over!!
I have final broken below the 220s with my weight! 

I. Am. Giddy.

I haven't weighed this amount in many years.  Maybe 5?   Five years of whining about my increase in weight.  Five years about my fear of my body ballooning all the way back up to my highest weight (320).  Five years of eating and eating and eating.

I know I have to keep on keeping on in order for the weight to continue to fall, but I don't feel fatalistic about the idea of keeping on?!  Being accountable to another person about the food/caloric drinks that go into my mouth has been a life saving event.  I know it sounds hard and it sounds scary, and maybe it was at first.  But I am reaping the rewards which makes all the hard and scary that "my will" keeps carrying on about seem silly and exhausting.

To think that the simple act of planning my meals, and sending the plans to another person has helped me lose 27 pounds???  That's amazing.  Absolutely amazing.

Thanks God for Overeater Anonymous, the program that introduced me to methods I didn't want to try but that actually work.

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! Way to go! Here's to 27 pounds down and many more! I've started following your blog and I can't wait to read your updates! I've also started a weight loss journey which I have a blog for.

    Feel free to read my blog when you have the chance :)
    http://keepcalmandpoonon.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kayla, great to hear from you! I will definitely check out your blog.
    I look forward to your comments!

    ReplyDelete